- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 pound lean round steak, sliced into very thin 1" long strips
- 4 cups low-sodium beef bouillon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each: chili powder and dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups canned peeled tomatoes (with juice), cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz.) pink or pinto beans with juice
- In a large, heavy soup post sprayed with nonstick spray, stir-fry pepper and onion over medium-high heat until soft but not browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Re-spray pot with non-stick spray and brown beef strips over medium-high heat. Add cooked pepper and onion to pot. Add beef bouillon, chili powder, parsley, tomatoes with juice, cornstarch dissolved in water and beans with juice. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.9 grams
Sodium: 395 milligrams
Cholesterol: 9 milligrams
Protein: 7.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Lean Meat, 1 Bread/Starch
Source: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Book Title: Deliciously Healthy Favorite Foods Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.