- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 dozen cherrystone or littleneck clams, scrubbed, or mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In 8-quarts saucepot, heat oil over high heat.
- Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; cook until green onions are tender, about 1 minute.
- Add clams, water, sherry, and soy sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, transferring clams to large platter as they open. Discard any clams that have not opened.
- Pour broth over clams on platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 576 milligrams
Cholesterol: 36 milligrams
Protein: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
2 Low-Fat Meat
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.