- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 dozen cherrystone or littleneck clams, scrubbed, or mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In 8-quarts saucepot, heat oil over high heat.
- Add green onions, ginger, and garlic; cook until green onions are tender, about 1 minute.
- Add clams, water, sherry, and soy sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, transferring clams to large platter as they open. Discard any clams that have not opened.
- Pour broth over clams on platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 576 milligrams
Cholesterol: 36 milligrams
Protein: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Low-Fat Meat
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook