- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray eight muffin cups with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Beat remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make a well in cornmeal mixture. Pour milk mixture into well, stirring just until moistened. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 189 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.