- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix together shortening, margarine, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, egg and molasses in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to shortening mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough in refrigerator until firm (approximately 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form dough into 30 balls, approximately 1 level tablespoons each. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and pat down gently with fork making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies in the center of the preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies will look chewy when they come out but will become crisp. Cool cookies on wire cooling rack.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 30 servingsServing Size: 1 cookie
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 30 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 2 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.