- 1 box (1 pound, 2.25 ounces) white or lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 2 packages (4-serving size each) sugar-free lemon gelatin mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold tap water
- 2 cups nonfat or light whipped topping
- 3/4 cup light lemon yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cake mix, water, sour cream, and egg substitute in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Coat a 9-by-13 inch pan with cooking spray and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or just until the top springs back when lightly touched and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature. Then, using a fork, poke holes in the cake at 1/2-inch intervals.
- Place the gelatin mix in a medium bowl and add the boiling water. Whisk for 2 minutes or until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in the cold water.
- Slowly pour the gelatin mixture over the cake, allowing it to be absorbed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To make the frosting, place the whipped topping in a small bowl and fold in the yogurt. Spread the frosting over the cake and chill for an additional hour before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 20 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 218 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
2 Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat
Source: Diabetic Dream Desserts
Book Title: Diabetic Dream Desserts
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.