- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the spinach and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, mint, garlic, water chestnuts, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Add the spinach and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 servingsServing Size: 2 tablespoons.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 27 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.