- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained very well
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the spinach and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, mint, garlic, water chestnuts, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Add the spinach and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 servingsServing Size: 2 tablespoons.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 27 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Sugars: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible