- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2/3 cup lentils
- 1 can (19 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- In Dutch oven, heat canola oil. Add garlic, onion and celery. SautÃ© until vegetables are tender. Season with black pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken stock, lentils, tomatoes and carrots. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Add chicken, zucchini and peas.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with avocado slices.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings.Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 280 miligrams
Cholesterol: 75 miligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.