- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2/3 cup lentils
- 1 can (19 oz) tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- In Dutch oven, heat canola oil. Add garlic, onion and celery. SautÃ© until vegetables are tender. Season with black pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken stock, lentils, tomatoes and carrots. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Add chicken, zucchini and peas.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Garnish with avocado slices.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 10 servings.Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 280 milligrams
Cholesterol: 75 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.