- 4 fresh California King Salmon fillets (six-ounce)
For Balsamic Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3/4 lbs.(about 4 cups) broccoli florets with 2-1/2 inch stems
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Set the fillets aside.
- Prepare Balsamic Marinade: In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, black and red pepper. Remove 1/4 cup marinade to baste the salmon while grilling or broiling.
- For Vegetables: Steam broccoli about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl with tomatoes, onions, capers, basil, and dill. Pour remainder of marinade over the vegetables in a bowl and marinade.
- To Finish: Grill or broil salmon and serve fish over room-temperature vegetables (prepared above).
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 24 grams
Sodium: 487 miligrams
Cholesterol: 84 miligrams
Protein: 50 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Source: California Salmon Council
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.