- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped dill
- 12 large shelled deveined shrimp (6 ounces meat)
- 7 large sea scallops (6 ounces)
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill together. Add shrimp, scallops, and vegetables and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes. Turn once during this time.
- Alternate vegetables, shrimp, and scallops on 4 skewers. Grill or broil 3-4 inches from the heat source for 2-1/2 minutes per side. Do not over cook the fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on 2 dinner plates or remove seafood and vegetables from skewers onto 2 plates and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 314 milligrams
Cholesterol: 157 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
4 Very Lean Meat, 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.