- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh snipped dill
- 12 large shelled deveined shrimp (6 ounces meat)
- 7 large sea scallops (6 ounces)
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill together. Add shrimp, scallops, and vegetables and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes. Turn once during this time.
- Alternate vegetables, shrimp, and scallops on 4 skewers. Grill or broil 3-4 inches from the heat source for 2-1/2 minutes per side. Do not over cook the fish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place skewers on 2 dinner plates or remove seafood and vegetables from skewers onto 2 plates and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 314 milligrams
Cholesterol: 157 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
4 Very Lean Meat, 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes