- 1-1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 19 ounces cannellini beans, drain and rinse
- 2 cups turkey light meat, cooked & cubed
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook onions, bell peppers, and garlic in oil until tender. Add cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Cook for 1 minute. Stir in beans and turkey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Bread/Starch; 3 Low-Fat Meat
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.