- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cocoa and boiling water, whisking until blended. Set aside.
- Combine flour, SPLENDA Sugar Blend, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed. Cover mixing bowl with a clean tea towel to prevent spattering).
- Combine eggs, milk, cocoa mixture and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/3 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure 2 times.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Frost with Sugar-free Chocolate Frosting, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 18 cupcakes. Serving size: 1 cupcake
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 160 milligrams
Cholesterol: 45 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Sugars: 11 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.