- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups leeks, split lengthwise, sliced thin, and rinsed well
- 3 medium carrots, rinsed, peeled, and cut into thin sticks
- 4 new (red) potatoes, rinsed and sliced into 1/2-inch thick circles
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 12 oz cod fillets, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large saute pan. Add leeks and carrots, and cook gently for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, and salt and pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are just tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add cod fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Continue cooking over low heat for an additional 5 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145F).
- Serve each cod fillet with 1-1/2 cups broth and vegetables.
A simple, but elegant, weeknight meal. Serving size is 3 oz cod, 1-1/2 cup broth and vegetables.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 437 milligrams
Cholesterol: 42 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners and Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.