- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups leeks, split lengthwise, sliced thin, and rinsed well
- 3 medium carrots, rinsed, peeled, and cut into thin sticks
- 4 new (red) potatoes, rinsed and sliced into 1/2-inch thick circles
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 12 oz cod fillets, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large saute pan. Add leeks and carrots, and cook gently for 3-5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, and salt and pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are just tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add cod fillets, and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Continue cooking over low heat for an additional 5 minutes or until the fish is white and flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (to a minimum internal temperature of 145F).
- Serve each cod fillet with 1-1/2 cups broth and vegetables.
A simple, but elegant, weeknight meal. Serving size is 3 oz cod, 1-1/2 cup broth and vegetables.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 437 milligrams
Cholesterol: 42 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Source: Deliciously Healthy Dinners and Deliciously Healthy Family Meals