- 2/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup molasses*
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 8 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
*Use Robust Molasses for a more robust molasses flavor.
**Cookie Dough can also be rolled out and cut into circles or shapes.
- Mix Splenda Granulated Sweetener, sugar, butter, molasses and oil together in a medium mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Scrape sides of the bowl. Add egg and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll into logs approx. 1 1/2 inches wide and 14 inches long. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours or freeze for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil cookie sheets.
- Slice cookies approx. 1/4 inch thick. ** Place on prepared sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
Enjoy the aroma of these heavily spiced ginger cookies while they bake. For best results, allow to cool for a few hours in the fridge.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 36 servings``Serving Size: 2 cookies
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 75 milligrams
Cholesterol: 10 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.