- 5 pound fully cooked whole boneless ham
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F. oven for 1 1/4 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F. (about 15-18 minutes per pound.)
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan combine brown sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cloves. Stir in apricot nectar and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Brush ham with glaze. Continue baking 15-20 minutes more, brushing occasionally with glaze.
A simple glaze over ham makes for an easy special occasion meal.
Recipe Yield: Serves 20
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 1572 milligrams
Cholesterol: 64 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.