- 1 pound carrots (about 7), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or Spanish onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook the carrots in boiling water or in a steamer until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine the carrots and onion in a medium bowl.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, dill, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Toss with carrot mixture. Chill before serving.
Contains 3g dietary fiber and 5g sugars.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 3 cups (6 servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 246 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes