- 1 pound carrots (about 7), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red or Spanish onion
- 1-1/2 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook the carrots in boiling water or in a steamer until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine the carrots and onion in a medium bowl.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, dill, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Toss with carrot mixture. Chill before serving.
Contains 3g dietary fiber and 5g sugars.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 3 cups (6 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 246 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.