- 8 Cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Cup water
- 2 8 oz. packages Skinny "Rice" Shirataki
- 1 small chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (or turkey breast)
- 1 cup kale*, thick stems removed and leaves chopped
*Substitute baby spinach leaves if desired
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup broth to a simmer.
- Add onion, carrots and celery and cook about 8 minutes or until onion is translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining 7-1/2 cups broth, water, Skinny Rice, and chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook about 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in kale. Continue cooking just until kale is wilted and tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Also perfect made with leftover turkey!
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Cholesterol: 14 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Source: Skinny Noodles