- Pastry for single-crust 9 inch pie
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate; trim and flute edge. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Whisk in milk and remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake pie in preheated 375F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge of pie comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
A baked custard pie with less calories because it’s sweetened with Equal and made with 2% milk. For added coconut flavor use the optional coconut extract.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 301 milligrams
Cholesterol: 115 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
1/2 milk, 1/2 starch, 2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.