- 1/2 cup cornmeal (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup skim milk (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (30 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal and milk and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Add flour, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, baking powder, garlic powder and salt to cornmeal and milk, and stir well. Add egg and canola oil, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into non-stick muffin tins, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 110 milligrams
Cholesterol: 20 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams