- 1/2 cup cornmeal (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup skim milk (75 mL)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped (60 mL)
- 2 Tbsp fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (30 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- In medium bowl, combine cornmeal and milk and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Add flour, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, baking powder, garlic powder and salt to cornmeal and milk, and stir well. Add egg and canola oil, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into non-stick muffin tins, filling 2/3 full. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 110 miligrams
Cholesterol: 20 miligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.