- 1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate
- 1 tablespoon plus 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups corn kernels (see note below)
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, orange or yellow), cut in half lengthwise, seeds and membranes removed
- 6 Roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
Note: Fresh or frozen corn kernels (thawed) may be used. Grilled corn, cut off the cob, may be substituted; omit roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two rimmed baking pans (15x10x1-inch) with aluminum foil. Brush lightly with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon each).
- Toss corn with 2 teaspoons oil. Spread in even layer on one baking pan, covering 3/4 of pan. Place pepper halves cut side down in pan with corn; brush with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Place tomatoes cut side down in second pan. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place both pans in oven, using center rack and rack below center.
- Roast corn and peppers about 30 minutes, stirring corn two times and turning peppers once until corn and peppers are lightly browned and peppers are tender. Roast tomatoes 30 to 40 minutes until tender and browned on top. (Switch rack positions after 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Place in large bowl. Remove skin from peppers; chop. Remove skin from tomatoes; chop. Toss corn, peppers and tomatoes with pasta. Add basil; toss gently. Season with black pepper, as desired.
- For dressing, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar and salt. Toss with pasta mixture. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Variations: If desired, add chopped avocado and/or cooked shrimp.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 51
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 172 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.