- 5 egg whites
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 13x11 inch baking sheet. Set aside.
- Make Angel Bites: Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Whip on high speed using an electric mixer or wire whisk until frothy.
- Add SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener, vanilla and salt. Mix on high speed until medium-stiff peaks form (approx. 20-30 seconds with an electric mixer).
- Spoon rounded tablespoons of egg white mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Cool.
- Make filling: Blend together SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener and egg yolk in a small mixing bowl. Stir well. Add juice to egg yolk mixture. Mix thoroughly. Add cornstarch. Stir well. Pour into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened (approx. 2 minutes). Chill until ready to use.
- Assemble Angel Bites: Just before serving, sandwich Angel Bites with filling. Place filling on the bottom of one Angel Bite and top with another so that the bottoms of the Angel Bites are facing each other and the filling is sandwiched between them. Repeat with remaining Angel Bites.
- Garnish Angel Bites with a dollop of whipped cream, some orange zest and a sprig of mint.
If egg whites start to separate, whisk them back together using a wire whisk. Serving size is 3 assembled angel bites.
Recipe Yield: Servings Per Recipe: 5
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Sodium: 135 miligrams
Cholesterol: 45 miligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.