- 7 to 8 pound spiral-cut, bone-in, cooked ham
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme or parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ham on rack in a shallow baking pan. Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion (not touching bone) registers 135 degrees F. (about 15 minutes per pound).
- Meanwhile, remove and discard woody stems from asparagus spears. Arrange asparagus in a 15 x 10 x 2-inch baking pan. Drizzle with cooking oil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. When ham reaches 135 degrees F., add asparagus to oven. Roast about 30 minutes more or until asparagus is tender and ham registers 140 degrees F.
- For lemon sauce, in a 1 1/2-quart saucepan combine cornstarch, sugar, bouillon granules and pepper. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon peel. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in butter and snipped thyme or parsley.
- To serve, slice ham. Serve with asparagus and lemon sauce. (Use remaining ham for sandwiches or another recipe.)
For a more elegant dinner celebration, this spiral-cut ham looks festive and tastes fabulous with the light citrus sauce. Use a reduced-sodium ham to cut the sodium content, if available.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Serves 14 to 16.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 14 grams
Sodium: 1503 milligrams
Cholesterol: 72 milligrams
Protein: 27 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.