- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 (0.7-oz) package dry italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 8 cups fall vegetables, (carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, onions, bell peppers) cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pork in shallow roasting pan. Blend Italian salad dressing mix, cumin and oregano in small bowl. Sprinkle half of seasoning mixture over pork; cook uncovered for 1 hour or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- While pork is cooking, coat a separate baking dish with vegetable cooking spray and add vegetables. Sprinkle remaining seasoning over vegetables. Cover and roast in oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover, stir and continue roasting 15 to 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Slice roast and serve with vegetables.
Mediterranean flavors and fall harvest vegetables complement this succulent pork roast. This tasty dish is a cinch to prepare and is sure to satisfy any appetite. Younger kids can help by setting the table and older kids can wash and chop your family’s favorite veggies.
Recipe Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 65 milligrams
Cholesterol: 30 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.