- 2 pounds loin of pork
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small apple, peeled cored and sliced
- Trim all the visible fat from the roast.
- Place the meat on a rack set into a roasting pan.
- Mix together the apple juice, sliced apple and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the apple juice mixture over the meat. Cover.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 70 minutes. Continue cooking and baste with pan juices for about 30 minutes or until glazed and the meat thermometer registers "well done for pork".
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11.2 grams
Sodium: 66 milligrams
Cholesterol: 56 milligrams
Protein: 17.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/4 Bread/Starch, 2-1/2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter