- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch metal cake pan with vegetable cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Mixture will be liquid.
- Add Splenda Granulated Sweetener and beat on medium speed until very smooth, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture and applesauce and beat on low speed until mixed, approximately 45 seconds.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings Serving size: 1 slice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 260 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 10 grams