- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch metal cake pan with vegetable cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Add egg substitute and vanilla and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Mixture will be liquid.
- Add Splenda Granulated Sweetener and beat on medium speed until very smooth, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture and applesauce and beat on low speed until mixed, approximately 45 seconds.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings Serving size: 1 slice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 260 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Sugars: 10 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.