- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 9 small whole wheat hamburger buns, split, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in quarters
- Tear one hamburger bun into pieces. Place in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs.
- Combine bread crumbs, beef, garlic and chili powder in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-inch thick mini patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 10 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during last minute of grilling.
- Place burgers on bottoms of remaining eight buns. Top with desired Toppings. Close sandwiches.
Lean ground beef mini-burgers, or sliders, are kicked up with chipotle chili and topped with spicy pepper jack cheese.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 sliders (mini-burgers)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 266 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.