- 1 pound Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 9 small whole wheat hamburger buns, split, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 slices pepper Jack cheese, cut in quarters
- Tear one hamburger bun into pieces. Place in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off, to form fine crumbs.
- Combine bread crumbs, beef, garlic and chili powder in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into eight 1/2-inch thick mini patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 9 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 10 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. Evenly top with cheese during last minute of grilling.
- Place burgers on bottoms of remaining eight buns. Top with desired Toppings. Close sandwiches.
Lean ground beef mini-burgers, or sliders, are kicked up with chipotle chili and topped with spicy pepper jack cheese.
Recipe Yield: Makes 8 sliders (mini-burgers)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 266 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.