- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free steak seasoning blend
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices cheese (such as Cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- Toppings (such as ketchup, mustard, onion slices, pickles)
- Combine Ground Beef and steak seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce leaf; top with tomato slice, burger, and toppings, as desired. Close sandwiches.
Alternative Method: To prepare on stovetop, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 17 grams
Saturated Fat: 9 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 455 milligrams
Cholesterol: 94 milligrams
Protein: 35 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams