- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 24 one-inch meatballs. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place meatballs in skillet; cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add tomato sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve meatballs on skewers or on platter with toothpicks. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 12 servings, 1 per serving
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 0.7 grams
Sodium: 324 milligrams
Cholesterol: 41 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.