- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 1-1/2 cups Equal® Spoonful or Granulated*
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup European or Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Light whipped topping (optional)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
* May substitute 36 packets Equal sweetener
- Roll pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than inverted 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate; trim and flute edge. Pierce bottom and side of pastry with fork. Bake in preheated 375F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine Equal®, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Boil and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Beat eggs in small bowl; whisk about 1 cup chocolate mixture into eggs. Whisk egg mixture into chocolate mixture in saucepan. Cook over very low heat, whisking constantly, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread hot filling in baked crust. Refrigerate until chilled and set, about 6 hours. Garnish top of pie with dollops of whipped topping and chocolate curls, if desired. Cut pie into wedges.
A rich chocolate pie that has 43% less calories than a traditional recipe, because it is flavored with Equal, unsweetened cocoa and lower fat milk. Indulge without the guilt!
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 463 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
1 milk, 1 starch, 2 fat
Content Continues Below ⤵