- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup salsa, drained
- 3/4 cup cilantro, divided
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Wholly Guacamole classic or spicy dip, if desired
- Wholly Guacamole salsa, if desired
- 5 reduced-calorie hamburger buns, split
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- In small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, paprika and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mix ground turkey, half of spice mixture, drained salsa, and 1/2 cup cilantro; form into 5 (1/2-inch thick) patties. Lightly spray patties with cooking spray. Place patties in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 17 to 19 minutes, turning occasionally. Always cook to well done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, coat large skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions, bell peppers and remaining spice mixture over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
- To assemble burgers, spread guacamole and salsa, if desired, on buns. Place burgers, cheese and vegetable mixture on buns.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F.
Recipe Yield: Makes 5 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 410 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Sugars: 5 grams