- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper, if desired
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup salsa, drained
- 3/4 cup cilantro, divided
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Wholly Guacamole classic or spicy dip, if desired
- Wholly Guacamole salsa, if desired
- 5 reduced-calorie hamburger buns, split
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- In small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, paprika and salt and pepper, if desired.
- Mix ground turkey, half of spice mixture, drained salsa, and 1/2 cup cilantro; form into 5 (1/2-inch thick) patties. Lightly spray patties with cooking spray. Place patties in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 17 to 19 minutes, turning occasionally. Always cook to well done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, coat large skillet with cooking spray. Cook onions, bell peppers and remaining spice mixture over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
- To assemble burgers, spread guacamole and salsa, if desired, on buns. Place burgers, cheese and vegetable mixture on buns.
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F.
Recipe Yield: Makes 5 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 410 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Sugars: 5 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.