- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 4 slices fresh pineapple, or canned, unsweetened, water packed variety
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 slices- 1 ounce each french bread
- Mix the beef, garlic, scallions, ginger, and soy sauce together and form in 4 patties of equal size about 3/4" thick.
- Grill or broil 4" from souce of heat, for 7 minutes for medium-rare turning once. Grill longer for well done burgers.
- While burgers are grilling, brush 4 slices of fresh or canned water-packed unsweetened pineapple with 1 teaspoon Worcestshire sauce.
- Grill until pineapple is heated through and seared with grill marks, about 6 minutes (2 minutes for canned pienapple).
- Serve each patty open-face on a 1 oz toasted slice of French bread, topped with grilled slice, and garnished with 1 tablespoon minced green bell pepper.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 401 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.