- 1 boneless corned beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with glaze; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until glazed. Carve diagonally across the grain.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 1206 milligrams
Cholesterol: 104 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams