- 1 boneless corned beef brisket (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Combine glaze ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with glaze; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until glazed. Carve diagonally across the grain.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 20 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 1206 milligrams
Cholesterol: 104 milligrams
Protein: 19 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.