- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated**
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Additional grated lime peel (optional)
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 16 packets Equal sweetener
- For Crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal. Press onto bottom and 1/2-inch up side of an 8-inch springform pan or 8-inch round cake pan. Bake in preheated 325F oven 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- For Cheesecake, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup Equal in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Mix in egg, egg whites, lime peel and juice until well blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over baked crust. Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until center of cake is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, remove side of pan. Garnish top of cheesecake with grated lime peel, if desired. Cut cake into wedges.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Reduced-fat cheesecake with the decadent flavor and texture of the full-fat version. Fresh lime juice and lime peel add refreshing tropical flavor.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 366 milligrams
Cholesterol: 58 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
1 milk, 2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.