- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Equal Spoonful or Granulated**
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Additional grated lime peel (optional)
* May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener
** May substitute 16 packets Equal sweetener
- For Crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons Equal. Press onto bottom and 1/2-inch up side of an 8-inch springform pan or 8-inch round cake pan. Bake in preheated 325F oven 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing cheesecake.
- For Cheesecake, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup Equal in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Mix in egg, egg whites, lime peel and juice until well blended.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over baked crust. Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until center of cake is almost set.
- Cool on wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
- To serve, remove side of pan. Garnish top of cheesecake with grated lime peel, if desired. Cut cake into wedges.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Reduced-fat cheesecake with the decadent flavor and texture of the full-fat version. Fresh lime juice and lime peel add refreshing tropical flavor.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 366 milligrams
Cholesterol: 58 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
1 milk, 2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.