- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 sprigs mint sprigs
- Strawberry Filling Directions: Stir together strawberries, 2 tablespoons SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener and balsamic vinegar; let stand 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Shortcake Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine biscuit mix and 1/3 cup SPLENDA Granulated Sweetener in a large bowl.
- Stir together yogurt and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 3 or 4 times. Pat dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/4-inch round cutter, reusing dough scraps, if necessary. Place shortcakes on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with sliced strawberries. Garnish, if desired.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Unlike the familiar sponge cake, this strawberry shortcake recipe features a sweet tender biscuit filled with fresh strawberries that are laced with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 12``Serving Size: 1 shortcake, 1/4 cup strawberries
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 350 milligrams
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 25 grams
Sugars: 6 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.