- 2 tablespoons julienned or diced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (moderately packed) chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8-inch rounds)
- Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes in a medium nonstick skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and saute for a minute or two, just until the spinach is wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle the bottom half only with a quarter of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with a quarter of the cheese. Fold the top half of the tortilla over to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 filled tortillas.
- Coat a large griddle or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when it hits the heated surface.
- Lay the quesadillas on the griddle and cook for about 1-1/2 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown. Spray the tops lightly with the cooking spray and then turn with a spatula. Cook for an additional 1-1/2 minutes, until the second side is golden brown.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each one into 4 wedges. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 appetizers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.9 grams
Sodium: 106 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1/4 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.