- 2 tablespoons julienned or diced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (moderately packed) chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8-inch rounds)
- Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes in a medium nonstick skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and saute for a minute or two, just until the spinach is wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle the bottom half only with a quarter of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with a quarter of the cheese. Fold the top half of the tortilla over to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 filled tortillas.
- Coat a large griddle or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when it hits the heated surface.
- Lay the quesadillas on the griddle and cook for about 1-1/2 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown. Spray the tops lightly with the cooking spray and then turn with a spatula. Cook for an additional 1-1/2 minutes, until the second side is golden brown.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each one into 4 wedges. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 appetizers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.9 grams
Sodium: 106 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
1/2 Starch, 1/4 Medium-Fat Meat
Content Continues Below ⤵
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Book Title: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan